- All drivers shall be properly licensed.
- Supervisors shall verify that drivers are capable and
qualified on each
type of equipment before allowing the equipment to be operated.
- Drivers shall perform a pre-operational check of their
with operator's manual. Lockout and tagout any unsafe or damaged
equipment and promptly report all needed repairs. Do not use
any equipment that is unsafe.
- Operators and passengers shall wear seat belts and or
- Keep windshield, windshield wipers, side windows and
- When mounting or dismounting equipment, use steps and
Do not jump from vehicle.
- No personnel shall be allowed to ride anywhere, except in
the cab, when
the vehicle is in motion, unless the vehicle is designed to accommodate
an individual outside the cab.
- Plan ahead to minimize or eliminate the need for backing.
to the rear before backing and use an observer when available. Make
back up alarms are properly working.
- Choose safest location possible to park the equipment.
the blind spots of others.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment consistent
- Be aware of fire extinguisher locations on your equipment
and make sure
they are properly charged.
- Operators shall be aware of employees and others on foot
in work areas.
- Be aware of crushing and pinching hazards when installing,
removing tailgates. Get help or use machinery as necessary.
- Make sure cargo is properly loaded, secured and covered.
material on bed rails and chassis.
- Truck speed should be adjusted for load and weather. Tire
be utilized as dictated by weather conditions.
- Be aware of, and avoid, overhead utility lines when dumping
material. Avoid getting the dump near any overhead power line.
- Always check for proper clearance distances between the
lift path of the truck bed and tree limbs and power lines before
dumping the load.
- Prior to operating the equipment off of the roadway, look
the grass and unstable terrain.
- Never work under a raised bed without proper bracing in
place. Use lockout tagout procedures.
- Make sure tailgate is unlatched prior to raising bed for
dumping on unlevel side hill terrain.
- If vehicle is equipped with A.C. engine heater, first
and then unplug heater before getting into vehicle.
- All items in the cab areas of the vehicle shall be removed
in tool boxes. Because of extreme vehicle temperature, items such as
cans or any items whose contents are under pressure should not be
inside the cab area of the vehicle.
|General SOPs -- Chapter 25
||Trucks -- 27A
|Material Spreader-Tow Type
||Tailgate Spreader -- 27B
|Trailers and Towed Equipment